Friday, August 10, 2012

Laundry Room Hanging Photos

Now that the family is moved and I finally have a laundry room that isn't the garage, I've been wanting to use some pinterest inspiration to do some decorating. Unfortunately since we're renting, my options for remodeling and decorating are sadly limited. So with that in mind I decided to keep it simple with some pictures of my daughter (Turbo) hanging from pants hangers and a quote from Mary Poppins.





What you'll need:
  • Mod Podge and brush
  • Ribbon or trim
  • Pants hangers
  • Picture
  • Appropriate sized board for pictures
I happened to find the cardboard dry-erase boards in the Target dollar section since school is starting up. They're 9x12 boards so the pictures I printed are full 8 1/2 x 11 pages.
Edit your photos and print them to the appropriate size for your board/canvas.

Turbo was in a mood this day and refused to wear anything but a tutu and tiara with her diaper. She loves to help with the laundry though and when I saw how cute she looked, I couldn't help but snap a few pictures.

Once your pictures are printed and the ink is dry, lay them on your board to decide where you want them and how much trim you will need. Cut the pieces of trim to make your border.

Smooth a layer of Mod Podge onto one side of your board and center the picture how you want it. Once the Mod Podge dries you can seal the pictures to make sure they won't be ruined over time by adding another coat of Mod Podge over the top of the picture. It will look white, but don't worry, it will dry clear.

Before the Mod Podge dries place your trim around the edges to make your border. I added a dab of extra Mod Podge at the corners to make sure they would really stick.

Allow to fully dry. I'm an impatient person who likes quick results, but trust me, you want this fully dry before you hang it so that nothing slips or smears.

Once everything is dry, attach your pants hangers and hang!

Voila! Cute pictures to make laundry time a little more enjoyable. Around the pictures I added the painted frame and quote "In every job that must be done there is an element of fun," -Mary Poppins. I figure we can repaint a little white in there before we move out, and it just kinda finishes the whole look.


No comments:

Post a Comment