Monday, October 22, 2012

Toddler Christmas Tree

Ok, so I know it's not even Halloween, but since I'm anticipating having to go on bed-rest in the next 2 weeks thanks to all of these contractions I decided to bump up a few busy projects I had planned for Turbo.
Toddler Christmas Tree
 This $4.00 project kept her busy for 45 minutes this morning! That is an unheard of amount of time to keep this little 18 month old occupied.



Joann's had 72 inch felt on sale for $2.99 last week, so I picked up 1 yard and cut it into two 36x36 inch pieces. The other square I can use to make another tree for Turbo's bff or her cousin.

I cut out the tree shape and used tacky glue to attach it to a tri-fold poster board ($2.50). Since I had left over felt in multiple colors from making the finger puppets I cut out about 20 ornament shapes for her to use to decorate and re-decorate the tree as much as she wants. I even attached jingle bells to some of the felt ornaments with ribbon to make it even more fun for her.

 She also loved trying to get the ornaments to stick to herself


Since it's on poster board I can move it to any room I'm laid up in, and when she's done it's easy to put away.

Since it looks a little bland on just the poster board I'll be adding felt presents to the bottom and will probably make one of them into a pouch to hold the ornaments when she's not playing with it. But for now, it's nice knowing that I have something to occupy her if I can't be up playing with her. 

To see the original post where I got this idea click here

Next, I think I'll take some more of the colored felt that I have and make a giant Mr. Potato Head for her to decorate.

No comments:

Post a Comment