Monday, February 11, 2013

Minnie Mouse Birthday Wreath

Between bed rest, birth, and having a new baby around, I have been seriously slacking on posting my crafting. So now that Snow is 2 month old, I figure I should catch up a little.

Turbo will be turning 2 in April. Since I want to make most of the decorations myself, and I'll be going back to work before then, I've started to slowly put some things together so that I don't go crazy at the end. I decided that we needed something on the door for the party, so I came up with this Minnie Mouse ribbon wreath that will hang in her room after the party.


Click below for directions

What you'll need:
  • 8 inch foam wreath
  • 2 four inch foam rounds (I got ones from the floral department at Michael's)
  • 4 toothpicks
  • Straight pins
  • Several spools of ribbon (I used 7 partial rolls of different ribbons)
  • Floral wire
  • Foam board or cardboard
  • Yarn
1) I started by rounding out the edges of the floral foam rounds so that I didn't have any hard edges, and then attached the rounds as ears to the foam wreath with the toothpicks. I used 2 toothpicks for each ear.

2) Wrap the floral wire around the top of the wreath and form a loop to use as a hanger.

3) Cut strips of ribbon approximately 3-4 inches each

4) Form loops with the ribbon and use the straight pins to attach them to your wreath. I did 1 type of ribbon at a time and tried to evenly space the ribbons. Then move to a different ribbon until it's full and even all around.

5) Cut out the number from your foam board. Wrap some floral wire around several different areas of the number and leave at least 1-2 inches coming off the back to stick into the wreath when you're done.

6) Start wrapping yarn around the number and over the floral wire (leaving the 1-2 inches off the back exposed) until it's totally covered.

7) Attach the yarn wrapped number to the wreath by sticking the exposed floral wire into the ribbon wreath.

And voila! You have a Minnie Mouse ribbon wreath for your front door.


10 comments:

  1. Önemli giriş adreslerine buradan ulaşabilirsiniz.
    betturkey giriş
    betpark giriş
    0HCUBT

    ReplyDelete